Pages

Friday 23 November 2018

Hooked on books week

This week is 'Hooked on books week' where everyday we get a new book for the teachers to read to the class, they can be any genre like maybe a funny one, or a pick-a-path.

Day 1:
our first book was liars, where a kid named jarlie created an app called 'the truth app' where it detects when somebody is lying, one day his dad was driving somewhere then all of a sudden got caught in a car "accident" which jarlie thinks it was on purpose because there was and old man with thick dark glasses in a brown Ute ramming into a their car, they had to go to hospital as his dad was in pretty bad state. as soon as they got to the hospital Jarlie's dad got rushed to the hospital, Jarlie had to wait in the waiting room, he went outside for fresh air and saw the brown ute that crashed into them, jarlie was frightened and ran back into the hospital aiming for somebody to call for help, he then got caught up with the old man who was trying to chase him, about there i sorta forgot what else happened all i know is that he was soon taken home with his dad with paparazzi outside his home as his app has gone viral.
Image result for liars jack heath

day 2:
for day 2 we read 'launch your head off 4 ever' this book had a 9 different stories in one book, we read 3 of them, out first one (which is the only one i'm going to explain) was written by andy griffiths and i'm not sure what it was called but it was about Andy and his friend Danny were being stupid and rolling a pram down a hill road with Andy sitting in the pram, and his friend Danny accidentally let go of the pram and it just went down hill (get it) from there, he got chased by a dog, landed in a pool, got stuck on train tracks and it was just a really funny story, I think we all enjoyed it because I know I did.
Image result for launch your head off 4 ever

Day 3:
for day 3 we read 'Goldfish boy' I didn't really know what was going on as I wasn't listening because that day I just had a weird mind blank for what was happening that day, all I remember is that I guess the main character was called matthew and his little brother died and I think he has something to do with his brothers death.
Image result for goldfish boy
for day 4 we're not sure what we're reading because it's meant to be a surprise for us, and we also have book character day. I can't wait to find out what we're reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.